The application cycle for the 2018-2019 School Year is now Open and can be completed HERE. The deadline to apply for the 2018-2019 school year is april 1, 2018.
SCHOLAR PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Are you a teen mother or teen father living in the Washington, D.C. area who is planning to attend college next year or is currently attending college? Then we want you to apply for the Generation Hope Scholar Program!
Every year, Generation Hope recruits a new class of Generation Hope Scholars. Each Generation Hope Scholar receives up to $2,400 per year in college tuition support and a mentor who will be committed to seeing you through to your college graduation.
To be eligible, a student MUST:
- Be a teen parent (defined as having a child by the age of 19) and be age 25 or younger at the time of application submission
- Be raising or actively involved in their child’s life (defined by regular support and care of your child)
- Be attending - or planning to attend - college starting the Fall 2018 semester in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area (Washington, DC, Maryland or Northern Virginia) and seeking an undergraduate two or four-year degree
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Be a US Citizen, legal US Resident, or have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
- Submit a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission. How do I apply for aid?
- Be planning to take a minimum of 6 credits each semester
Process for becoming a Generation Hope Scholar:
- Complete the application (open December 1-April 1)
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit an official and recent school transcript including cumulative grade point average or GED certificate
- Submit a copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission, or DACA supplement
- Meet with Program staff for interview
- Complete mandatory mentee training in July 2018
Questions? Please contact Caroline Griswold Short, Director of Programming, at email@example.com or (202) 642-5649.